Hello Community Partners!
Join us for April’s National Distracted Driving Awareness Month with our fun and engaging “Be Thumbody” social media campaign. Together, we can continue to work to stop the number one killer of teens in the US—car crashes, particularly those caused by distracted driving. Crashes due to distracted driving are 100% preventable. “Be Thumbody” and be part of the solution!
Everything you need to “speak up” with us during National Distracted Driving Awareness Month (NDDAM) is available at speakup4safety.org/nddam. Use hashtags #BeThumbody #NDDAM, and tag @impactdrivers (Instagram/Twitter) and @impactteendrivers (Facebook).
What do you have planned to recognize NDDAM?
Our dynamic campaign is designed to feature you and your brand as part of the solution. Here are five easy steps you can take to collaborate with us:
Step 1: Update Your Story!
Step 2: Record Your Video!
- Download the virtual background here. Feel free to place your organization’s logo on the bottom left-hand corner if you like!
- Record an 11 second PSA video (11 teens die every day in car crashes) dedicated to safe driving and speaking up for safety. You can use Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, or any platform you are comfortable with that supports virtual background usage. If you’re unsure what to use, try using Panopto.com! Follow our step-by-step Panopto recording guide here.
- Don’t know what to say? Click here for some suggestions that you’re welcome to use!
- Throughout the month, post your video(s) on your social media channels. Tag us on Facebook (@impactteendrivers) and Instagram and Twitter (@impactdrivers). Use the hashtags: #BeThumbody #NDDAM
Step 3: Post Our Content!
- Post one of our Be Thumbody social media graphics throughout the month of April on your social media channels. Click here to download the graphics.
- Make your own content with your decorated thumb and include a caption. We want to see your Thumbody!
- Tag us on Facebook (@impactteendrivers) and Instagram (@impactdrivers). Use the hashtags: #BeThumbody #NDDAM